About Skyline Sacco
Skyline Sacco Society Limited (Formerly Baringo Farmers Savings and credit co-operative society Ltd) is a Deposit Taking (DT) Sacco that was registered on 4th July 1989 and started its operations on 1st Jan 1990. The Society has its head office located in Eldama Ravine town, at Skyrise Plaza.
Members Comprises of Dairy farmers, Coffee and Pyrethrum farmers, Business community, Salaried Staff, Institutions, Micro credit Groups, within Baringo, Uasin gishu, Elgeyo Marakwet and Nakuru counties.
The Society started offering front office services in 2004 to diversify the range of services and grow its membership. The Sacco is fully licensed as a deposit taking SACCO (DT) by SASRA.
Efficiency and Quality Service Delivery
Innovation and creativity
Objectives for the society
- To increase our membership by 20% per year compounded for the next 3 years (2019-2022).
- To carry out continuous education and training to our members.
- To diversify our membership base to ensure at least 40% are from non-farmers.
- To recruit, retain qualified and competent members of staff
- To train, motivate and develop our Members of staff.
- To maintain liquidity position of 25% at most at all times.
- To maintain our core capital to total assets ratio at least above 15% at all times.
- To grow our withdrawable and Non-withdrawable deposits by at least 20% annually for the next five years.
- To grow our assets by at least 30% annually for the next five years.
- To adopt emerging and cost effective technology which support security, product and service delivery.
- To continuously enhance the society risk management framework.
- To enhance the marketing function of the Society.
- To enhance customer experience throughout the Society contact points.
- To enhance efficiencies in all processes of the Society.
- To develop market driven, competitive and sustainable products and services to our members
- To enhance the Micro-credit Activity
- To price our products and services based on research findings.
- To enhance accountability and Transparency at the Board Level.
- To ensure the Society has proactive and professional leadership.
- Enhance gender/age representation in all organs of the Society.
- Institutionalise Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Establish sustainable Social responsibility projects.
The Sacco practices below cooperative principles:
- Voluntary and Open Membership.
- Democratic Member Control.
- Economic Participation by Members
- Autonomy and Independence
- Education, Training and Information
- Co-operations among Co-operatives
- Concerned for Community in general